marked this post as
When you update the channel on a recurring calendar event in Sunsama, that change is now automatically applied to all other instances of that recurring event.
This change isn't retroactive, so if you have previously assigned some recurring events to channels, you will need to re-assign them once per recurring event.
But going forward, you should only ever need to assign the channel once per event.
Less manual labor woo!
PS If you try this out and don't see the change applied to future events, you might need to refresh your page once.
Also set the channel for all instances of a recurring or repeated task:
Please let us add or edit a channel in a new or existing repeating task and then automatically apply that channel to all other instances. It is such a pain to have to go through and apply channels each week to all my repeated tasks.
- I create a new task in Sunsama and apply a channel to it. Later, I decide to make that task repeating. The channel I applied when I first created the task should be inherited by all repeats.
- I create a new task in Sunsama and set up a repeat for it. I notice I forgot to add a channel to it when I created it, so I pick any of the instances and apply a channel to it. The channel appears in all the other instances.
- I decide to change the channel for an existing repeating task. The change is applied to all other instances of the the task.
- I create a new task in Sunsama with no repeat and no channel. Later I decide to add a channel. Later, I decide to add a repeat. The channel replicates to all the new instances of the task.
Thanks! Great product!
Robert Milkovich: It's possible to update all instances of a recurring task, but it requires a special action from you (i.e. it won't happen automatically when you change the channel on one).
The special action is:
- Open up the task
- Make the desired change (e.g. changing the channel)
- Click the blue text "Edit task series" in the top grey banner
- Click "Update all instances to match this task" from the menu that appears
That's it! Your update will then be applied to all other tasks in this series. You can do this at any time.
Merged in a post:
apply channel to recurring events
-Edit a calendar event
-Click on Repeats
-click on 'edit in Google Calendar'
-In GCal, make the event recurring
- back in Sunsama
Recurring event instances have the same channel as the original event
User has to add the channel to every instance of the event