Automatically adjust the rest of your day when a task takes longer (or shorter) than planned.
Falling behind schedule
When a task takes longer than you had originally scheduled, or a new task comes up that you hadn't originally scheduled, it's now easy to adjust your remaining schedule for the day.
Just adjust the task on your calendar, and your remaining tasks for the day will be automatically rescheduled to the next available time.
Getting ahead of schedule
When you finish a task quicker than you had scheduled, it's now easy to adjust your remaining schedule for the day.
Just complete the task, and your remaining tasks for the day will be automatically shifted forward to fill the newly available time.
If you don't want the auto-rescheduler to work its magic, you can:
- Hold down 'Shift' when adjusting a task on your calendar
- Use 'Cmd + Z' ('Ctrl + Z' on Windows) to undo the auto-rescheduling
- Permanently disable auto-rescheduling from your account settings page
- Only tasks are auto-rescheduled. Meetings, and other events originating from your calendar, are never touched.
- Only tasks that have already been scheduled will be auto-rescheduled. Auto-reschedule won't attempt to adjust tasks you haven't already put on your calendar.
To learn more about the nuances of how auto-rescheduling works, read our full auto-rescheduling guide.